1. Clean it up – Being active on social media doesn’t mean you have to have an account on every platform. Use what you already have and make sure that your public information is super clean. Profanity, party pictures, and long rants can all be turn-offs for potential employers.
2. Brand yourself – Use your real name, keep your image professional, and stay consistent across each platform. Your social media presence can show who you are, inconsistency can be a huge red flag.
3. Don’t be shy – Companies use social media to vet candidates every day, it’s inevitable. So why not make it a little easier for them? Share your platform handles on your resume and let people know where to find you by adding them to your email signature.
4. Get on LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the best professional tool you can have in your toolbox. Connect with those you know or would like to know to increase the chances of landing that dream job. Recruiters are utilizing LinkedIn looking for the best of the best on a daily basis.
(Pro-tip! You can link your other social media platforms to your LinkedIn account to make it easier for them to find you and easier for you to share!)
5. Get industry-specific – There are a lot of websites and networks out there that are specifically dedicated to almost any industry you can imagine. Get on forums, join the groups, and network yourself into where you want to be. You can use these tools to make yourself stand out among other job seekers.
Lastly, don’t forget to review our current openings or submit your resume to be considered for future openings. Happy Searching!